top of page
Piercings, Fillers, Skin Boosters, Anti-wrinkle and Vitamin Injections, Permanent Makeup, Beauty, Makeup, Hair and Bridal services
in Bicester, since 2015!
WHAT ARE ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONS?
Anti-wrinkle injections, commonly known as Botox™, are a very popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
They consist in very tiny injections of a purified version of the botulinum toxin, aimed at temporarily relaxing the underlying facial muscles, preventing them from contracting and causing wrinkles.
These injections can be used not only to smooth wrinkles and achieve a more youthful appearance, but also to correct certain features as a gummy smile, downturned mouth corners or a pebbly chin, as well as to give your brows (or your butt!) a lift, reduce hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating or stop you grinding your teeth.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE/LAST?
The treatment is usually quick, around 20 minutes to 1 hour depending which and how many areas to be treated and will show results within 2 weeks (there's no standard amount of days: could be 1, could be 14, and everything in between).
At the end of this period, a review appointment is usually scheduled to assess if a little top up is needed.
Anti-wrinkle injections usually last between 2-6 months, 3 months on average, but this timing is heavily influenced by individual biological factors, lifestyle choices and external factors.
WHY IS IT MORE EXPENSIVE FOR MEN?
As per body muscles, also facial muscles are stronger and more developed in men than in women; for this reason anti-wrinkle injection treatments need double the dose on men, hence the higher price.
One of the major benefits of anti-wrinkle injections is their minimal downtime and recovery period.
The procedure is non-invasive, and most individuals can resume their daily activities immediately after treatment.
- Don't lie down for the first 4-5 hrs after treatment
- For the 2 weeks you should avoid exposure to UV light and heat i.e. sauna, steam, sun beds, hot showers, strenuous exercise etc
- Try to avoid unnecessary pressure or massaging over any areas treated, especially in the first 48 Hours.
- Avoid facial massages or skin resurfacing for the first 14 days after treatment.
- Reduce the risk of infection and reaction by not touching the area for at least 6 hours.
- Do not apply make-up over injection points until the day after the procedure.
bottom of page